1. Information You Provide to Us. oFARME collects information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you register or update the details of your account, participate in identification badge programs such as oFARME, post information in order to sell any good through the oFARME Service, enroll in any third-party operated payment processing services offered in connection with the oFARME Service, communicate with other users, provide reviews or other comments, purchase any services from oFARME, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, oFARME account password, telephone number, postal address including city, state and zip code, photographs, written descriptions of your posted goods, any bids you make on offers through the oFARME Service, any reviews or comments you make using the oFARME Service, all correspondence or communications with other users or with us conducted via the oFARME Service, government-issued identification documents (such as a driver’s license), and any other information you choose to provide.
2. Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the oFARME Service. When you access or use the oFARME Service, we automatically collect information about you, including:
2.1. Log Information: We log information about your use of the oFARME Service, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our oFARME Service.
2.2. Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access the oFARME Service, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
2.3. Location Information: If you consent to the collection of location information from your computer or mobile device, we may collect this information when you access or use the oFARME Service, or when you otherwise consent to the collection of this information. We may also use your IP address to infer an approximate geographic location for your computer or device. For more details, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
2.4. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve the oFARME Service and your experience, see which areas and features of the oFARME Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “gifs,” “pixel tags” and “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in the oFARME Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Information Choices” below.
4. Future Payment Information Collected by Stripe.
Use of Information.
5. General Uses. oFARME uses information about you for various purposes, including to:
5.1. Enable you to access and use the oFARME Service, to personalize the oFARME Service, and to optimize the type of offers presented to you when you use the oFARME Service;
5.2. Create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the oFARME Service, including through detection and prevention of fraud, unauthorized access, intrusion, and service interruption;
5.3. Conduct investigations and to respond to disputes between users, error resolution, and other similar customer support service;
5.4. Enable any identification programs we may institute and in which you elect or are required to participate (e.g. oFARME), such as verifying your identity and address, and conduct checks against various publicly available databases;
5.5. Operate, protect, improve and optimize the oFARME Service, our business, and our users’ experience;
5.6. Perform analytics, conduct research, and monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the oFARME Service;
5.7. Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by oFARME and others, and provide advertisements that match user profiles or interests, news and information we think will be of interest to you;
5.8. Send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
5.9. Comply with our legal obligations or requests from law enforcement agencies, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
5.10. Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
5.11. Assist third-party payment processors with transaction processing, error, chargeback and disputed transaction resolution, and similar payment processing functions; and
5.12. Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
oFARME is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the oFARME Service or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Sharing of Information.
6.1. With the public on the oFARME Service. For a detailed description of the type of information associated with your oFARME account that is made available publicly through the oFARME Service, please see our FAQs
6.3. With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf (including, without limitation, with third-party service providers that may use the information we share to help us and other companies detect inaccurate personal information and prevent fraudulent transactions);
6.4. In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
6.5. If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of oFARME or others;
6.6. In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company;
6.7. Between and among oFARME, and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
6.8. With your consent or at your direction, including as mentioned in the Social Sharing Features section below or if we otherwise notify you through the oFARME Service that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
7. Social Sharing Features. The oFARME Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on the oFARME Service with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide those features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
. Your mobile device operating system may also include a feature that allows you to opt out of having certain information collected through apps used for behavioral advertising purposes.
9. oFARME takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
10. Account Information. You may update, correct or remove account profile information at any time by logging in to your account. If you would like to cancel your oFARME account entirely, please contact us, and enter your request for cancellation, but please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. For example, any reviews, forum postings and similar materials posted by you may continue to be publicly available on the oFARME Service in association with your account name even after your oFARME account is cancelled. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
11. Location Information. When you first download or launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information or first use any features that use location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications form your device.
Even if you do not provide us with consent to collect precise location information from your mobile device or platform, we may use your IP address to infer an approximation of your location when using certain features of the oFARME Services, such as the oFARME payments solution.
In some features, oFARME uses mapping services from Google Maps/Google Earth, including Google Maps API(s). Your use of these services is subject to Google’s terms of service
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with the oFARME Service. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security
for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the oFARME Service.
13. Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails, text messages, and other communications from oFARME by following the instructions in those emails, text messages or other communications or by logging on to your oFARME account and going to Settings.
14. Information for California Residents. This section provides additional disclosures required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), which applies to the personal information we collect about California residents.
In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers (such as name, contact information, device identifiers and state-issued ID numbers); internet or other electronic network activity information (such as usage data); demographic information (such as age); commercial information (such as products purchased or sold); geolocation data; inferences (such as approximate location); visual or similar information (such as photographs of yourself); and other information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you and that does not fit neatly into one of the other categories (such as personal information contained in reviews, comments and communications with us). For more details about the personal information we collect, including the categories of sources, please see the Collection of Information
We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes listed in the Use of Information
section above. We share the personal information we collect with the categories of third parties listed in the Sharing of Information
Subject to certain limitations, the CCPA provides California residents with the right to:
- request to know about the personal information that we have collected about you in the 12 months preceding your request (including the categories of information collected, the source of that information, the business purpose of that collection, the categories of third parties with whom that information is shared, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you);
- request to delete any personal information about you that we have collected;
- opt-out of “sales” of personal information to third parties, if applicable; and
- not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do not “sell” the personal information we collect (and will not sell it in the future without providing a right to opt out).
To submit a request to know or a request to delete, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
In both cases, we will verify your request by asking you to provide information that matches information we have on file about you. You may designate another person as your authorized agent to act on your behalf with regard to CCPA requests. If you have designated an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf, we will require proof that the person is authorized to act on your behalf and may also still ask you to verify your identity with us directly.
Questions and Comments.
(this is for the page when you click the prohibited items link above in section 6.)
Prohibited items guidelines
Although most things can be sold on oFARME, certain items aren’t allowed. Some present legal risks or may pose health and safety issues. We’ve also chosen not to allow items that we feel are inappropriate for our community or could be considered offensive.
Before posting your items, please read the guidelines below to ensure that they are OK to sell on OfferUp. Also please review our Posting rules
and Community guidelines
The following items are not allowed for sale:
3. Unlicensed Animals
8. Food items
not commercially packed or if ‘you’ are not licensed to do so
Alcohol, drugs & tobacco
Alcohol, drugs, tobacco, and related products are often subject to regulatory restrictions and are illegal for sale in some cases. Because we can’t enforce these laws and regulations, we don’t allow these items for sale, including:
· Prescription drugs
· Drugs, narcotics, or controlled substances (even those that are legal in some states)
· Items marketed for the purpose of intoxication
· Drug paraphernalia such as bongs, vaporizers, and pipes
· Tobacco and related products, including e-cigarettes, e-juice, vaporizers, mods, hookahs, and hookah accessories
· Cannabis and cannabis-derived products, such as CBD
· Growing or cultivation equipment for cannabis and cannabis-derived products
Adult & mature content
OfferUp strives to be an open marketplace but understands that not all people want to see explicit sexual content. Items intended for adult use or that contain explicit sexual content are not allowed on OfferUp, such as:
· Explicit sexual content or nudity
· Adult toys
Our policy around animals and wildlife products represents oFARME’s commitment to improving animal welfare in our own communities and in helping to protect threatened and endangered animals around the world.
Wildlife & wildlife products
You can certainly post many types of animal products. However, wildlife products that were sourced illegally or are being traded in contravention of any law are prohibited.
Counterfeit or replica items
The sale of bootlegs, counterfeits, fakes, and unauthorized or pirated copies of items is illegal and not allowed on OfferUp, including:
· Counterfeits, fakes, and replicas of brand-name items, including items “inspired” by a brand without permission of the owner
· Bootlegged or unauthorized recordings
· Pirated copies of any copyrighted materials
· Use of a trademark or other implied affiliation with a brand
Items that pose health and safety concerns or that are regulated or illegal are not allowed on OfferUp. These include but are not limited to:
· Firearms, no exceptions
· Knives primarily used as weapons or for self-defense. Note: Cutlery, kitchen, and utility knives are generally permitted
· Mace, pepper spray, bear spray, tasers, and other weapons used to subdue humans or animals
· Paintball guns, BB guns, guns that fire blanks, Airsoft Guns, and all related ammunition and accessories
· Sporting weapons such as bows and arrows, crossbows, and archery items
· Swords, if sharpened or functional. Note: Decorative blunt swords are generally permitted
· Weapon parts and accessories, including any item that attaches to a firearm, ammunition, bullets, clips, arrows, and bolts
· Body armor, including Kevlar and other tactical and protective vests, except protective clothing for sporting activities
· Regulated chemicals, poisons, or substances
· New or used airbags sold separately from a vehicle
· Hazardous materials such as:
· Items deemed to pose significant health or safety risks to others
· Recalled items (see below)
Items that are subject to a recall, typically because they are deemed unsafe or defective by federal regulators, are not allowed on OfferUp. These items present a unique risk because the harm they present is often not visibly apparent. Items recalled in the past include:
· Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones
· Fisher-Price Rock N’ Play infant sleepers
· Drop-side cribs
You should avoid selling or buying any recalled item or product. If you end up selling or buying a recalled item, you should contact the manufacturer as they may offer a refund, replacement, or voucher in exchange for surrendering the recalled item. For more information on recalled consumer products generally, visit the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission’s website
The sale of homemade prepared food is subject to regulatory guidelines and often requires a permit. Because we can’t enforce these restrictions, prepared food is not allowed. Examples:
· Most perishable goods, including meat, seafood, dairy, and cut fruits or vegetables unless licensed
· Homemade shelf products, such as jams, jellies, and pickles unless licensed
· Homemade meals or baked goods unless licensed
· Eggs sold outside of the seller’s farm unless licensed
Exceptions to this policy include:
· Whole, uncut fruits and vegetables
· Eggs sold directly on the seller’s farm
· Unopened and packaged commercially sold food goods (canned soup, packages of cookies, etc.) as long as the packaging has not been tampered with and the items are sold before their expiration date
Gift cards and reloadable cards are not allowed due to the risk for buyers. The balance can’t always be verified, and sometimes the card balance can be used or cancelled by the original purchaser.
Illegal items or encouraging illegal activity
Any item that is illegal or that encourages illegal activity is not allowed, including but not limited to:
· Items with sensitive information such as IDs, passports, and social security cards
· Fake or forged documents (such as licenses, IDs, diplomas, and government-issued documents)
· Items received through Government Assistance
· Offers to trade for illegal goods
· Police badges or security uniforms, as these can be used to impersonate an officer or gain access to secure areas
· Locked phones or devices, for example blacklisted, activation, iCloud or similar locks
· Current vehicle license plates or plates that were valid in the last 5 years
· Licence plate tags
· TV streaming devices
· Cars without titles
· Canisters or cylinders of pressurized gas (such as CO2 or nitrous oxide)
· Stolen or found goods
· Rideshare signs
OfferUp is intended for the sale of individual, tangible items. Items must exist and be available for immediate sale. Examples of things that are not allowed include:
· Services for intangible items such as dog walking, babysitting, and IT support
· Links to or information about flea markets, yard sales, and garage sales
· URLs, links, or redirecting to other websites
· Rentals and timeshares
· Multi-level marketing schemes and related promotional materials
· Job postings
· Lost pet ads
· Wanted ads
· Digital account transfers
· Items planned for future purchase from another retailer, wholesaler, distributor, or manufacturer
· Items of unknown contents such as “mystery boxes” or “grab bags”
· Items where the photo does not match the title or description
Medical & healthcare items
Due to health and safety, privacy, and regulatory concerns, certain medical and healthcare items are not allowed for sale on OfferUp, including but not limited to:
· Devices, drugs, and medications that require a prescription from a licensed medical practitioner (such as a dentist, doctor, optometrist, or veterinarian)
· Listings that claim the item can diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent a disease or viruses, including COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus)
· Ventilators and other respiratory equipment
· Cannabis and cannabis-derived products, such as CBD
· Pills, vitamins, and supplements
· Contact lenses
· Used cosmetics
· Used makeup sponges and applicators
· Needles and items containing needles (such as syringes or tattoo equipment)
OfferUp is an inclusive community that welcomes users from all backgrounds. To build a respectful mobile marketplace, posts that contain foul language or that promote hatred, violence, or discrimination are not allowed. This includes posts that support hate or discrimination toward others based on age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation, or items that promote or glorify organizations with such views. Examples:
· Posts containing racial slurs
· Posts promoting intolerance or discrimination
· Items that promote, support, or commemorate groups with views of hatred or intolerance (for example Nazi, Neo-Nazi, or KKK groups)
· Items that depict or glorify violence against people or animals
· Items that reflect people of color through offensive or dehumanizing caricatures, including historic, antique, or memorabilia items
Posts that violate any of our guidelines, policies, or terms may be removed at our discretion. Additional actions may be taken for severe or repeat offenses.